Friday, October 19, 2012

Panache l'écureuil






















I was browsing the internet the other day and found this book on french ebay. I remember reading this book when I was little so I ordered it and it just showed up this week. The book was originally published in 1934 in Paris in the "Albums du Père Castor" collection. The copy I got is from 1946 and was obviously well loved, as the seller said: "feuilleté par des générations de petites mains". But there is something about vintage children's book illustrations that really speaks to me, I have a whole collection that I will share with you in future blog posts. If you have a favorite childhood book, send me a picture and why you liked it and I'll feature it on my blog as part of my new weekly children's book column.

No comments:

Post a Comment