Monday, October 10, 2016

Beeswax Collage Workshop

Student work | Beeswax Collage Workshop | PTSA

This weekend I taught a Beeswax Collage Workshop at the Port Townsend School of the Arts. I had a super fun group, everybody in class was amazingly creative. I used to teach that class in California with my friend Diane and it brought back a lot of good memories (yes Diane, every time I smell melted beeswax, I think of you!). In a weekend workshop, we had a little more time to explore this medium (the California workshops were only 3 hours) and we got to work on canvas and panel board and then a free project, like a cigar box, or book cover, etc. This class will be offered again in early 2017, I will let you know when I have the dates. I am so happy to be teaching again, thank you to all my wonderful students for being so enthusiastic and dedicated! 

Student work | Beeswax Collage Workshop | PTSA

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you to be teaching this class again, and to see the beautiful work done by your students! It is so varied. did you prepare kits? or just have a supply of papers and doodads for the students to choose from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to not do kits and let them pick their own materials. And I really like the results, everybody's flavor is really coming through. And I have been hoarding so much art supplies, it's great to be able to share my stash!

    ReplyDelete