Friday, April 10, 2015

Paint Improvisation


I am finally getting back to posting about Jane's class. This is from lesson 6 of the 100 Drawings on Cheap Paper online class. This exercise was about maximum variety. We had to do the quadrant test: divide our piece into four equal parts, visually, and see if each quadrant looked substantially different in terms of line, shape, pattern and color, but also technique and material. Apparently, I can't get away from circles, or like Jane calls them: donuts. I am addicted to donuts, I will try to branch out in the next series of exercises. But I just loved painting and experimenting at the same time. I used Caran d'Ache neocolor crayons on top of painted areas, kind of tone on tone and then buffed the whole area with an alcohol wipe, then I added more crayon on the top until I liked the effect and texture. Added a lot of dimension but it's hard to see on the picture. Fun exercise and definitely a great way to loosen up.

No comments:

Post a Comment