Thursday, September 5, 2013

Art du Jour Retreat


My friend Diane from my San Francisco Art group came over to visit last weekend and we had a really fun art day together in my studio. I made her a little art menu and we just went crazy for 6 hours straight. That was a total blast. Here's some of the projects we worked on.


First we did a little exercise a la Diane Culhane, inspired by her "take a line for a walk" exercise. The blue one is Diane's and the brown one is mine. Then we made a Gipsy card deck and then a mixed media collage painting on wood where you add collage first and then try to find imagery by turning it around and looking at it at different angles. You never know what you are going to find and what the final painting will look like. We also played with the gelli plate on top of that. Diane works very fast, she is quite a prolific artist. I always admired how much she could get done when we had our art play dates together in San Francisco. It was so great to have here for my first ever Art du Jour retreat! Not the last one for sure!

My Gipsy Card Deck

My painting, work in progress...
Diane's Gipsy Card Deck
Diane's finished painting

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lucie for the Jour d'art! I had such a great time in your art studio. Thanks for sharing all the cool art techniques.

    ReplyDelete