Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year! Bonne Année!


I have been having a great holiday season spending time with friends and family and not traveling too far away from home. Yesterday, my son and I spent some time in my studio experimenting with monoprinting techniques using a gelli plate. It was a blustery day and my husband built a cosy fire in the wood stove and we were listening to the rain drops on the roof while playing around with colors and shapes. I love collaborating on projects like this because I end up using colors outside of my usual range and expanding my technique every time. Made me realize how much I miss teaching workshops and that is something I want to start doing again this year. Here's to a fun, creative and productive new year!

1 comment:

  1. Love these! The colors are so rich and moody. You must show me your gelli plate techniques next time I'm up in PT!

    ReplyDelete