Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Altered Altoid Tin



I really miss my San Francisco Art Group.  Even if I don't live there anymore, I still try to be involved in the Round Robin Altered book exchange and last Sunday I decided to do the project they were working on from here at the same time they were meeting, so I was there in spirit and could feel their creative vibes! The theme was halloween and I tried a Myntz and an Altoid tin, turns out it doesn't really make any difference since you cover the whole thing anyway. Somebody told me that if you throw the tins on a grill, it gives them a nice patina. Well, I tried the shortcut of putting them on my gas stove. It worked but I don't recommend it for the toxic fumes that came out from the paint burning off...The color was beautiful but next time I will try them on the BBQ, with a side of sweet potato fries, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment